This is best made with Anjal fish (aka King Fish or Seer or Surmai), Black Pomfret or White Pomfret (aka Maanji) or Kane (aka Lady Fish).
Time to prepare: 30 minutes
Hotness factor: VERY HOT (and very tasty :-)
- 500 gms - Anjal fish, Black Pomfret or White Pomfret or Kane
- 1 tsp - coconut gratings
- 6 tsps - red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp - Menthya seeds (Fenugreek seeds)
- 1/4 tsps - jeera (aka Cumin seeds)
- 1/4 tsp - sasive (aka mustard seeds)
- 2 tsp - ginger garlic paste
- 8-10 curry leaves - for seasoning
- Except curry leaves - slightly roast and grind all ingredients to a very fine paste
- Apply paste to the fish along with salt to taste and curry leaves - marinate for atleast 1 hour.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes - on a low flame - until fish is done. Do Not Overcook.