This figures very often as an evening snack everywhere as it's so easy to make.
Time to prepare: 30 minutes
- 250 gms Maida flour
- 1 tsp Chana flour (Bengal gram flour)
- 1/4 cup sour butter milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 10 crushed black pepper corns
- 2 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 small piece ginger - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to season
- 2 tsp chopped coriander - optional
- 2 tsp grated coconut - optional
- 1 tsp chopped curry leaves - optional
- 1 large onion - optional
- Mix all items and keep for 30-60 minutes.
- Note: you can add any combination of the optional items mentioned above.
- Consistency to be thick.Thicker than Dosa batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop the bondas - approximately one big spoon of batter at a time.
- Deep fry to golden brown.
- Enjoy with pudina chutney or ketchup.