Apart from being so quick and easy to make, it is quite tasty. In my view this dish shows what a good seasoning/tadka/pann can do to your dishes. Also, the bread in the dish just soaks up the flavor and adds value to this dish.
Time to prepare: 6 minutes.
- 1 pound sliced bread loaf (chop to 1 inch squares - or tear by hand, even better)
- 2 large onions - sliced in thin long pieces.
- 1 tsp - chana dal (aka bengal gram dal) - for seasoning
- 1 tsp - urad dal- for seasoning
- 2 green chillies - finely cut- for seasoning
- 10 curry leaves- for seasoning
- 1/2 spoon turmeric- for seasoning
- 4 spoons cooking oil of choice- for seasoning
- Heat oil in a pan and add the msutard seeds, when it starts to splutter, add all other ingredients marked "for seasoning" above.
- Fry until onion turns brown - then add the bread slices.
- Quick stir fry vigorously on high flame for 3-4 minutes. Dish is done... enjoy!
Use brown bread - equally tasty and healthier.