We always make Ginger chutney with especially bland dishes - like the Konkani Panpolo (that is also known as the "Paper Dosa" or "Neer Dosa") or Rice Sevai.
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
Hotness factor: 6/10
Ingredients for Ginger Chutney:
- 1" inch - ginger (washed and skin peeled)
- 4 - small and hot green nati chillies (use 6 if you have the bigger sized not-so-hot chillies)
- 3 - red chillies (slightly roasted seperately)
- 1 cup - grated coconut
- small marble sized - chincham (tamarind)
- 2 tsp - cooking oil of choice - for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp - urad - black gram dal - for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp - mustard seeds - for seasoning
Method for Ginger chutney:
- Grind all ingredients together very finely.
- Heat oil in a pan - add mustard seeds and urad - when it starts to splutter - turn off the flame and quickly mix with the chutney.