Here is a quick potato side-dish or Upkari which smells pretty good due to the garlic base.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Heat factor: 6/10
- 16 potatoes (tiny) (or else 4 medium or 3 large - quartered, if you don't have the tiny potatoes)
- 12-14 garlic seeds - for grinding
- 10 red chillies - roasted seperately - for grinding
- 8-10 tsp cooking oil of choice - for seasoning and frying
- 1/2 tsp - mustard seeds - for seasoning
- Boil the potatoes and peel.
- Grind the garlic, red chillies and salt to taste - when done, mix the potatoes in this.
- Heat oil in a pan - put in the mustards and when it starts to splutter, add the coated potatoes.
- Fry well until it gets a little crispy and reddish brown in color - with a good smell.