- 1 cup thick curds (dhai) or 2 cups of thinner butter milk
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin)
- 1/2 cup grated dry coconut (copra)
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 8-10 curry leaves
- oil for tempering
- Roast the dried coconut gratings in a little oil until brown.
- Separately, roast half the cumin seeds, and all the curry leaves and pepper corns.
- Coarsely grind all the above roasted items.
- In a vessel, heat a spoon of oil, add the remaining cumin seeds and when it starts to splutter, add the butter milk (or curds).
- Immediately remove from flame and add the ground items, add salt to taste and mix.
- Enjoy with hot rice!