Two things are contribute to the delectable success of this recipe - crabs (kurle) have to be fresh and full, secondly they have to be opened up right into the cooking pan - so that none of the juices are lost.
As a tip - never marinade crab - not necessary - they go right into the pan. However, the longer they stay in the curry after cooking (and off the flame) - the more delicious they get.
Time to prepare crab curry (kurle ambat): 15 minutes
Ingredients for the crab curry:
- 2-3 large sized crabs (this recipe is with sea crabs - royal blue tipped claws)
- 1/2 cup coconut - grated
- 3-4 green chillies slit long
- 2 - onions (medium sized - chopped fine)
- 1 tsp - fresh ginger garlic paste
- 1 kokum (or half tsp tamarind pulp)
- 1/2 cup - finely chopped coriander leaves
- Fry the green chillies and onion until brown.
- Grind the coconut, coriander, chillies and onion.
- Move the ground masala to a pan - add the crabs - adjust water till a pouring consistency - cover with a lid and cook until crabs are cooked - about 8-10 minutes.
- Enjoy with steaming hot rice!
b. Prawn Pepper Fry / Dry - A Kerala-Konkan delicacy
c. Wet Masala Anjal Fish Fry - Konkani Mangalore Style
d. #1 CLAM RECIPE - Kubay / Kubbe / Tisre Sukke - AWESOME CLAM GINGER MASALA
Fish Curry Recipe - Mangalore Konkani Style - Ginger and Onion base - Alle Kande Ambat