This is accompanied by steaming hot rice and any vegetable sidedish. Without further ado, I present you the "Majjige Huli".
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Majjige Huli:
- 1 medium Cucumber or 100gms ash gourd (peeled, cubed also de-seed if preferred)
- 3 cups - buttermilk (this should be atleast medium sour - I like it quite sour)
- 1 cup - coconut gratings
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 - geen chillies slit
- 1/2 tsp - mustard seeds - for seasoning
- 2 tsp - cooking oil of choice - for seasoning
- Seperately steam cook the cucumber or ash gourd with a little water unitl soft.
- Grind the coconut to a fine paste with the green chillies.
- Mix the vegetable, buttermilk and coconut paste and bring to a boil
- Season with the mustard seeds.
- Enjoy with steaming hot rice and upkari!!
YOU MAY LIKE THESE RECIPES ALSO:
a. Garlic Potato Upkari - Lasan Batata Upkari - SIMPLE and TASTY
b. Bibbe Upkari Recipe - Godambi Palya - Awesome Konkani Tender cashewnut Side dish Recipe
c. Chutney recipe - Groundnut Chutney with Red Chilli - Shenga Chutney - Hubli Dharwad Style
c. Upkari - Upkari Recipe - Any Vegetable side dish - Simple, Quick and Tasty