Tomatoes are one of the easiest and gratifying plants to grow - they are reasonably hardy - and you get the satisfaction of watching your efforts frutify :-) Not to mention the terrific stress busting side effects. So here goes...
|Green Tomatoes chopped|
|Green Tomato Upkari|
Time to prepare: 15 mins
- Eight to ten small green tomatoes - (250 gms green tomatoes) - chop to 1 inch cubes
- 2 green chillies
- 4 spoons of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsps jeera
- 6 garlic pods
- Marble sized jaggery
- 3 tsp - cooking oil of choice
- 2 tsp cococnut
- Fry chillies, coriander, jeera and garlic with a spoon of oil for 2-3 minutes.
- After cooling make a paste of this,
- Fry tomatoes in 2 spoons of oil for 3-4 minutes and above paste, saute well. Cover the pan and fry until tomatoes are cooked.